Sept. 13, 2012
Match Notes - Golden Dome
CINCINNATI- Xavier travels to South Bend, Ind., for the Golden Dome Invitational, with matches against Notre Dame, Kansas and Loyola Marymount on the schedule. The Musketeers (7-4) will go for their third-straight win when they open play against Notre Dame on Friday night at 7:30 p.m.
The Last Meeting
September 4, 2009
Volleyball Drops XU Invite Opener to Notre Dame, 3-1
The Xavier volleyball team dropped a 3-1 (19-25, 21-25, 25-18, 18-25) decision to visiting Notre Dame (RV) Friday night in its opening match of the 2009 Xavier Invitational. The Musketeers will face No. 7 Michigan tomorrow evening at 5:30.
The Last Meeting
August 29, 2009
Volleyball Drops 3-1 Decision to Kansas at MT Invitational
The Xavier volleyball dropped its second match of the Middle Tennessee Saturday afternoon, 3-1 (25-15, 20-25, 17-25, 16-25), to Kansas after opening the weekend with a win over Murray State Friday night. XU will wrap up with weekend against host Middle Tennessee at 8:30 p.m.
XU closes the tournament with two matches on Saturday, Kansas at 10:30 a.m. and Loyola Marymount at 7 p.m. Live stats for all matches and a live video stream for all matches against Notre Dame will be available.
Last Time Out
Xavier earned a runner-up finish in the University of Delaware Invitational last weekend. The Musketeers lost to Texas A&M in their opening match and won the last two contests against Columbia and Delaware in straight sets.
Agin Moves to Middle-Blocker
Makayla Agin made the switch from outside hitter to middle blocker prior to last Tuesday's match against Miami (OH). Agin is hitting .353 from her new position and has helped Xavier to a 3-1 record since changing positions
XU ranks third in the Atlantic 10 in aces (1.49 aces/s), with three Musketeers ranking in the top four individually: No. 1 Alex Blair (.42), No. 3 Sarah Brown (.41) and t-4th Aubree Smith (.38).
Scouting the Opposition - Notre Dame
• Notre Dame is 5-4, but three of the team's four losses have come to ranked opponents. ND lost to No. 17 San Diego and No. 5 USC in its last two matches.
• Team Leaders: Toni Alubgue (4.03 k/s), Maggie Brindock (7.62 a/s), Taylor Morey (4.56 d/s) and Marie Roof (.97 b/s).
• The Fighting Irish are hitting .248 and allowing opponents to hit .179 on the season.
Scouting the Opposition - Kansas
• The Jayhawks enter the Golden Dome Invitational on a seven-match winning streak, which includes winning the Jayhawk Invitational and the Kansas Volleyball Invitational.
• Team Leaders: Carolina Jarmoc (3.91 k/s and 1.41 b/s), Erin McNorton (12.50 a/s) and Brianne Riley (5.68 d/s).
• Kansas sports a .281 hitting percentage and limits opponents to only .145 hitting.
Scouting the Opposition - Loyola Marymount
• The Lions enter the Golden Dome Invitational with 6-3 record, winning their last two matches against George Mason and High Point.
• Team Leaders: Kathleen Luft (4.31 k/s), Hannah Tedrow (9.22 a/s), Betsi Metter (5.47 d/s) and Litara Keil (1.03 b/s).
• Loyola Marymount hits .251 and allows opponents to hit only .153.