Kate Lohner finished her career at XU with a win at No. 3 doubles.
April 22, 2007
The Musketeers took care of business in doubles play as Kate Lohner and Jeanette Feider cruised to an 8-3 victory in their No. 3 doubles match and Jackie Vilines and Kara Courtney secured the point with an 8-4 No. 1 doubles win.
Feider continued her strong play with a 6-2, 6-2 win over Andrea Sailer in the No. 5 singles match and Jackie Vilines got a win at No. 1 singles but that was all XU could muster.
Xavier's sixth-place finish marks the first time the Musketeers have failed to finish in the top-four since 2002.
Duquesne 4, Xavier 3
1. Jackie Vilines (XU) def. Johanna Bezjak (DUQ) - 6-4, 0-6 (10-7)
2. Jackie Hughes (DUQ) def. Kara Courtney (XU) - 6-2, 6-3
3. Beckie Poole (DUQ) def. Jill Ducro (XU) - 6-0, 6-3
4. Rachel McGowan (DUQ) def. Kaitlyn Zinn (XU) - 6-7 (6), 6-3 (10-5)
5. Jeanette Feider (XU) def. Andrea Sailer (DUQ) - 6-2, 6-4
6. Alicia McNamara (DUQ) def. Alicia Papa (XU) - 6-3, 6-2
1. Vilines/Courtney (XU) def. Hughes/Poole (DUQ) - 8-4
2. Bezjak/McGowan (DUQ) vs. Ducro/Diedalis (XU) - 7-4 (DNF)
3. Lohner/Feider (XU) def. Sailer/Albano (DUQ) - 8-3