Xavier Falls In A-10 Quarterfinals To Temple 4-0
April 20, 2012
CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. -- The Xavier women's tennis team's season came to an end Friday as the No. 5 seeded Musketeers fell 4-0 to the No. 4 seeded Temple Owls. Xavier finished the 2012 campaign with a 16-6 overall record.
"Although today's loss is disappointing it certainly does not take away from our great season and I'm really proud of our girls," said Xavier head tennis coach Eric Toth. "Temple was simply better today and will really make a run at the title. This group has really made some positive strides and I'm confident we'll be even better next season and be in position to make a better showing at next year's tournament."
In singles play, Jordan Batey topped Xavier sophomore Andrea Wolf 6-3, 6-2 at No. 3, Ama Osei defeated sophomore Allyson Westling, and Paola Caldedron edged Alkire 6-3, 6-4 at No. 4 to seal the match.
Xavier posted a strong showing in the Atlantic 10 regular season with a 5-1 record. The Musketeers only loss in A-10 regular season play came at the hands of Temple March, 17 in Philadelphia.
#4 TEMPLE 4, #5 XAVIER 0
1. Paola Calderon/Rebecca Breland (TU) def. Kally Alkire/Katie Pleiman (XU) 8-6
2. Alicia Doms/Jordan Batey (TU) def. Daniella Patton/Andrea Wolf (XU) 6-7 DNF
3. Yana Mavrina/Agnese Rozite (TU) def. Lizzie Oosterbaan/Ally Westlin (XU) 8-4
Order of Finish: 3, 1
1. Yana Mavrina (TU) vs. Katie Pleiman (XU) 6-3, 3-4 DNF
2. Alicia Doms (TU) vs. Daniella Patton (XU) 4-6, 3-5 DNF
3. Jordan Batey (TU) def. Andrea Wolf (XU) 6-3, 6-2
4. Paola Caldedron (TU) def. Kally Alkire (XU) 6-3, 6-4
5. Agnese Rozite (TU) vs. Lizzie Oosterbaan (XU) 6-4, 3-5 DNF
6. Ama Osei (TU) def. Ally Westling (XU) 6-4, 6-3
Order of Finish: 3, 6, 4