Jeanette Feider was one of three Musketeers to go 2-0 versus Duquesne.
March 25, 2007
CINCINNATI - The Xavier women's tennis team won its fourth straight match by beating Duquesne, 5-2, Sunday afternoon at the Five Seasons Racquet Club in Cincinnati. Jackie Vilines, Kara Courtney and Jeanette Feider each posted a pair of wins in helping the Musketeers stay undefeated in Atlantic 10 play (3-0) and improve to 11-4 overall.
Senior Jackie Vilines won her fourth straight singles match Sunday, outlasting Johanna Bezjak 6-4, 6-2 in No. 1 singles. Her and doubles partner Kara Courtney also won for the fourth consecutive match as the duo defeated Hughes and Poole 8-4 in No. 1 doubles.
Courtney won her No. 2 singles match by downing Jacqueline Hughes 6-4, 6-3. Feider posted a win in No. 5 singles with a straight-set victory over Andrea Salier 6-2, 6-4. Feider and doubles partner Kate Lohner downed Sailer and Albano in No. 3 doubles 8-1.
Kaitlyn Zinn beat Rachel McGowan 6-2, 6-4 in No. 4 singles for XU's other win on the afternoon.
The Musketeers are back in action Friday versus George Washington in Philadelphia.
Xavier 5, Duquesne 2
1. Jackie Vilines (XU) def. Johanna Bezjak (DU) 6-4, 6-2
2. Kara Courtney (XU) def. Jacqueline Hughes (DU) 6-4, 6-3
3. Rebecca Poole (DU) def. Jill Ducro (XU) 6-3, 6-3
4. Kaitlyn Zinn (XU) def. Rachel McGowan (DU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-3
5. Jeanette Feider (XU) def. Andrea Sailer (DU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Alicia McNamara (DU) def. Alicia Papa (XU) 6-3, 6-4
1. Vilines/Courtney (XU) def. Hughes/Poole (DU) 8-4
2. Bezjak/McGowan (DU) def. Diedalis/Ducro (XU) 8-6
3. Lohner/Feider (XU) def. Sailer/Albano (DU) 8-1