Xavier 82, George Washington 62
Feb. 11, 2009
CINCINNATI - The No. 21/19 Xavier women's basketball team defeated the George Washington Colonials 82-62 in Cintas Center Wednesday night. Xavier improves to 21-4 (9-0 A-10) while George Washington falls to 14-10 (6-3 A-10).
- XU also set a school record in assists under Kevin McGuff with 26. The previous record was 25 versus McNeese State on November 24, 2007.
- Xavier went on a 17-8 run from 9:04 to 3:47 in the first half. The run included five three-pointers, three of which came from senior Tudy Reed.
- The back-and-forth first half featured three ties and seven lead changes. - Xavier went a season-best 7-9 from the three point line in the first half, a 77.8 percentage.
- The Colonials largest lead was four points, coming with 17:19 left in the first half. Xavier led the entirety of the second half.
- The Musketeers out-rebounded George Washington 42-26.
- Xavier led second chance points with 15-9 on the night from 12 offensive rebounds. George Washington grabbed nine offensive rebounds on the way to scoring nine second chance points.
- The game was temporarily delayed due to technical difficulties with 19:17 left in the second half when the storm system caused power to flicker in Cintas Center. Scoreboard systems and house lights were lost temporarily. The game continued after the 21 minute, 25 second delay.