Michael Moe will move into the final day of play with his tremendous effort.
Sept. 21, 2013
WEST LAFAYETTE, Ind. - On day two of the Purdue Invitational, Xavier's men's tennis showed no signs of letting up, putting on quite a performance.
In singles play, Michael Moe continued to move along in the bracket after getting two big wins over his opponents. Moe began his day by defeating Valparaiso's Eric Honert in straight sets, 6-4 and 6-3. He then went on to defeat Butler's Sam O'Neil in two sets of 6-3. With stellar singles play, Moe will move on to the final day of play. Matt Bishop also obtained a win by knocking off Case Western's Will Drougas with a 6-4 first set and a 6-3 second set.
After being awarded a bye on the first day of the tournament, Matt Bishop and Michael Moe earned their first win in doubles play by dismantling Washington University's Jeffrey Hirsh and Tyler Kratky with an 8-3 score. With a big win today, Matt Bishop and Michael Moe will move on to the final day of play in hopes of winning it all.
Play will resume at eight in the morning.
1. Michael Moe (XU) def. Eric Honert (Valpo) 6-4, 6-3
2. Michael Moe (XU) def. Sam O'Neil (BU) 6-3, 6-3
3. Matt Bishop (XU) def. Will Drougas (CW) 6-4, 6-3
4. Rube Greiner (WMU) def. Matt Bishop (XU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Kyle Dunn (Valpo) def. Freddy Abunku (XU), 6-4, 6-3 (Consolation)
6. Joey White (UI) def. Brian Carman, 6-2, 6-3 (Consolation)
7. Michael Baioochi (Valpo) def. Rob Torsch (XU), 6-2, 6-0 (Consolation)
1. Matt Bishop/Michael Moe (XU) def. Jeffrey Hirsh/Tyler Kratky 8-3
2. Garrett Cona/Stjepan Sisko (Toledo) def. Brian Carman/Rob Torsch (XU), 8-6
3.Lyzwa/Makikalli (WSU) def. Matt Bishop/Michael Moe (XU), 8-4 (Championship Flight)
4. Joey Leto/Michael Tebon (WGBU) def. Freddy Abunku/Jeremy Schneider (XU), 8-2 (Consolation Bracket)
5. Brian Carman/Rob Torsch (XU) def. Derek Reinbold/Bas Van Lent (CWU), 8-5 (Championship Flight)