Adam Krull received All-Tournament Team honors for his play this weekend.
Sept. 15, 2013
KALAMAZOO, Mich. - The Xavier Men's Tennis team was able to obtain a few more wins today on the final day of the Jack Vredevelt Invite. In 15 matches of play this morning, the musketeers won four singles matches and two more in doubles competition.
Sophomore Adam Krull was named All-Tournament Team after an impressive all-around performance this weekend. Krull picked up where he left off yesterday with his dominance in singles play defeating Cleveland State's Ali Shabib in two sets. Krull won, 6-0, and 6-1, to keep his win streak in singles play perfect. Krull lost only one match this weekend, which came in doubles play earlier this morning.
Jimmy Roebker, Zach Mueck, and Rob Torsch each improved on their singles play records as well. Roebker conquered Cleveland State's Jorg Van Der Vloet in three sets. He lost the first set, 4-6, but was able to win the next two, 6-4, and, 1-0 (7). Mueck defeated Illinois State's Muddappa Appanervanda, 6-0, and, 7-6 (2). Rob Torsch followed up the other two musketeers by also winning his match in two sets, 6-1, and, 6-4.
In doubles play, Roebker and Mei handled Illinois State's Brunskog and Oliveira, 8-7(3). Torsch and Schneider also teamed up to defeat Cleveland State's Matt Ford and Joe VanMeter, 8-6.
Overall, the musketeers finished with a final record of 17-38 in singles play and 6-15 in doubles action this weekend at the Jack Vredevelt Invite.
1. Scott (UWGB) def. Mei (XU) 7-6 (5), 2-6, 1-0 (8)
2. Roebker (XU) def. Van Der Vloet (CSU) 4-6, 6-4, 1-0 (7)
3. Krull (XU) def. Shabib (CSU) 6-0, 6-1
4. Cahn (WMU) def. Bishop (XU) 6-1, 6-0
5. Mora (WMU) def. Abunku (XU) 6-0, 7-6 (7)
6. Mueck (XU) def. Appanervanda (ISU) 6-0, 7-6 (2)
7. Fredericka (ND) def. Moe (XU) 7-5, 6-0
8. VanMeter (CSU) def. Schneider (XU) 6-3, 4-6, 1-0 (9)
9. Torsch (XU) def. Merz (UWGB) 6-1, 6-4
10. Leto (UWGB) def. Carman (XU) 6-2, 6-2
1. Lawson/Dooley (ND) def. Krull/Moe (XU) 8-6
2. Roebker/Mei (XU) def. Brunskog/Oliveira (ISU) 8-7 (3)
3. Indre/Shideler (WMU) def. Mueck/Bishop (XU) 8-2
4. Cahn/Phillips (WMU) def. Abunku/Carman (XU) 8-4
5. Torsch/Schneider (XU) def. Ford/VanMeter (CSU) 8-6