Adam Krull obtained one of the two wins recorded by the Musketeers, this afternoon.
April 5, 2014
Baltimore, Md. - The Xavier men's tennis team came up short, earlier Apr. 5th, dropping its match to UMBC, 4-3.
The Musketeers were only able to record three wins this afternoon, with those wins coming in singles play.
Senior Mesa Mei (15-6) earned the first win for the Musketeers by defeating Melker Svard in two identical sets, 6-2. Sophomore Adam Krull (11-10) obtained the second win for the Musketeers by beating Daniel Gray, 6-2, 6-4. Zach Mueck picked up the third and final win for the Musketeers by defeating Elliot Loubatie in three sets, 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-1.
"We fought hard for six hours today, but in the end it was just not quite enough." Eric Toth stated. "We did not win enough of the big points, but some of the credit has to go to UMBC. Our focus is to continue to get better so we can play our best tennis down the stretch and at the Big East Tournament."
1. Mesa Mei (XU) def. Melker Svard 6-2, 6-2
2. Alex Drean (UMBC) def. Jimmy Roebker 7-6(5), 6-4
3. Zach Mueck (XU) def. Elliot Loubatie 2-6, 7-6(5), 6-1
4. Adam Krull (XU) def. Daniel Gray 6-2, 6-4
5. Kamal Patel (UMBC) def. Jeremy Schneider 7-6(4), 6-3
6. Biyik Akinshemayin (UMBC) def. Matt Bishop 6-3, 2-6, 7-5
1. Mesa Mei/Jimmy Roebker (XU) led Biyik Akinshemayin/Melker Svard 7-6, Did Not Finish
2. Alex Drean/Daniel Gray (UMBC) def. Adam Krull/Jeremy Schneider 8-5
3. Elliot Loubatie/Kamal Patel (UMBC) def. Matt Bishop/Zach Mueck 8-4
Order Of Finish: Singles(1,3,2,4,5,6) Doubles (3,2)