Senior Mesa Mei is on a three-match win streak in singles and is 12-5 on the season
March 23, 2014
CINCINNATI - The Xavier men's tennis team recorded its ninth win of the season, handling longtime rival and foe, 7-0, Mar. 22.
The Musketeers jumped on the Flyers from the get go, defeating each of their Dayton opponents in two sets.
In singles, senior Jimmy Roebker defeated Aidan Koross 6-4, 6-3, to improve his record to 7-10. Senior Mesa Mei also received a win by knocking off Bernado Sanson 6-3, 6-4, now putting Mei at 12-5 on the season. Adam Krull improved his overall record to 9-8 on the season by edging off Josh Malyon in two tough tie breaking sets 7-6(6), 7-6(2).
"We are happy to earn another victory this evening." Head Coach Eric Toth stated. "Heading into our last month of the season we need to expect the very best from every opponent we face and keep our competitive edge sharp. This type of mentality will put us in the best position for immediate and long term success as we complete our regular season and head towards post-season play."
1. Jimmy Roebker (XU) def. Aidan Koross (UD) 6-4 6-3
2. Mesa Mei (XU) def. Bernardo Sanson (UD) 6-3 6-4
3. Zach Mueck (XU) def. Andrew Hanley (UD) 6-1 6-4
4. Adam Krull (XU) def. Josh Malyon (UD) 7-6(6) 7-6(2)
5. Jeremy Schneider (XU) def. Andy Druffel (UD) 6-3 6-4
6. Freddy Abunku (XU) def. Colin Bernier (UD) 6-4 6-0
1. Mesa Mei/Jimmy Roebker (XU) led Aidan Koross/Bernardo Sanson (UD) 6-3, (DNF)
2. Adam Krull/Jeremy Schneider (XU) def. Andrew Hanley/Josh Malyon (UD) 8-3
3. Matt Bishop/Zach Mueck (XU) def. Colin Bernier/Andy Druffel (UD) 8-4
Order of Finish: Singles (3,1,2,4,5,6) Doubles (2,3,DNF)