Freshman Jeremy Schneider is 2-0 in his first spring debut as a Musketeer.
Feb. 2, 2014
PROVIDENCE, R.I. - Feb. 1st, the men's tennis tem captured their second win of the spring season, defeating Binghamton after a tough battle, 4-3.
Sophomore Adam Krull led the way as he knocked off Binghamton's Sidhartha Hazarika, 6-2, 6-1. Senior Mesa Mei soon followed in his teammate's steps defeating Ismael Dinia in straight sets 6-3, 6-4. With victories, both Musketeers improved to 3-2 on the season in singles competition. Freshman stud Jeremy Schneider also received a win edging off Justin Fields, 6-3, 6-5(3) making him 2-0 in singles competition.
In doubles, Krull and Michael Moe combined forces to defeat Robin Lesage and Aswin Namnbi, 6-2. Mei and Jimmy Roebker also retrieved a win against Ismael Dinia and Alexander Maisen, 6-3, to bring home the win for the Musketeers.
"We really finished up the road trip nicely tonight." Coach Toth reported. "I feel we beat a really solid team in Binghamton. It was a total team effort where everybody contributed to the victory. Jeremy Schneider was particularly impressive tonight. When Zach (Mueck) could not go in singles, we decided to go with Jeremy in the six slot as players moved up. He showed tremendous poise for a Freshman in a pressure situation to clinch the match for us. I feel we got a lot out of the weekend and should head into this week of practice with added confidence. We will need to keep improving as we get back at it next weekend with three really important matches."
Collectively the Musketeers are now 2-3 in the spring season and look for more wins to come. Feb. 7th they will travel to Indiana to take on the Hoosiers. Dual match play will begin at 10 a.m.
1. Robin Lesage (BU) def. Jimmy Roebker (XU) 6-4 6-4
2. Mesa Mei (XU) def. Ismael Dinia (BU) 6-3 6-4
3. Adam Krull (XU) def. Sidhartha Hazarika (BU) 6-2 6-1
4. Thomas Caputo (BU) def. Freddy Abunku (XU) 6-3 4-6 6-0
5. Elliot Hureau (BU) def. Matt Bishop 5-6(6) 6-2 6-4
6. Jeremy Schneider (XU) def. Justin Fields 6-3 6-5(3)
1. Mesa Mei/Jimmy Roebker (XU) def. Ismael Dinia/Alexander Maisen 6-3
2. Adam Krull/Michael Moe (XU) def. Robin Lesage/Aswin Nambi 6-2
3. Sidharta Hazarika/Elliot Hureau (BU) def. Bishop/Mueck 6-5(4)
Order of Finish: Singles (3, 1, 2, 4, 6, 5) Doubles (2, 3, 1)