Men's Basketball Prepares For Its First-Ever BIG EAST Conference Game
Dec. 30, 2013
BIG EAST CONFERENCE OPENER
Television & Radio
Television: FOX Sports 1 with Gus Johnson (play-by-play) and Bill Raftery (analysis).
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier begins its BIG EAST Conference basketball history vs. St. John's. XU spent 18 successful seasons in the Atlantic 10 (1996-2013).
• Xavier head coach Chris Mack, 100-47, picked up his 100th career victory on Saturday with the 68-53 win over Wake Forest.
• Xavier, 10-3, has won five straight games for the second time this season.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook, BIG EAST Player of the Week, had an XU career-high 21 points to go with a game-high 10 rebounds vs. Wake.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads the team in rebounding at 8.5 rpg. (third in BIG EAST) and blocks at 1.5 bpg. (fourth in BE).
• Xavier senior Isaiah Philmore has averaged 10.5 ppg. and 10.5 rpg. over the last two games.
• Xavier sophomore Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring at 14.7 ppg. (12th in BIG EAST) and is second in assists at 3.9 apg. (eighth in BE).
• Xavier soph. James Farr is 1st in the BIG EAST in 3-point percent (.520), 3rd in field goal percent (.616), 14th in rebounding (6.1 rpg.).
• Xavier junior Dee Davis leads XU in assists (fourth in BIG EAST at 4.3 apg.) and steals (10th in BE at 1.5 spg.).
• Xavier freshman Myles Davis is seventh in the BIG EAST in 3-pointers per game (2.2) and fourth in 3-point percentage (.452).
• Xavier freshman Brandon Randolph leads XU in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.62-to-1.00.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of 14 schools to make at least 7 NCAA Tournaments in the last 8 years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.