Men's Basketball Team Prepares For Saturday's Skyline Chili Crosstown Classic
Dec. 12, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (7-3) vs.
Television: FOX Sports 1 with Mike Corey (play-by-play) and Donny Marshall (analysis).
Radio: 55KRC-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier's annual game versus Cincinnati, known as the Skyline Chili Crosstown Classic, has been sponsored by Skyline Chili for 25 years.
• Xavier and Cincinnati are meeting for the 81st time. UC leads the series 49-31, although XU has won four of the last six games.
• Xavier is playing Cincinnati at U.S. Bank Arena, previously named Riverfront Coliseum, for the 12th time.
• Xavier, 7-3, won its second straight game with a 63-60 victory over Evansville on Tuesday at Cintas Center.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook had a career-high 15 rebounds to go with 10 points vs. Evansville for his 2nd double-double of the season.
• Xavier head coach Chris Mack, 97-47, is fourth on XU's all-time wins list.
• Xavier sophomore Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring at 16.2 ppg. (10th in BIG EAST) and is second in assists at 4.0 apg. (tied-8th in BE).
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads the team in rebounding at 8.3 rpg. (third in BIG EAST) and blocks at 1.8 bpg. (fourth in BE).
• Xavier sophomore James Farr is second on team at 6.4 rpg. (12th in BIG EAST) and first in field goal percent (2nd in BE at .635).
• Xavier junior Dee Davis leads XU in assists (sixth in BIG EAST at 4.3 apg.) and steals (fifth in BE at 1.9 spg.).
• Xavier freshman Myles Davis has averaged 12.5 ppg. over the last six games.
• Xavier freshman Brandon Randolph leads XU in assist-to-turnover ratio at 3.10-to-1.00 (third in BIG EAST).
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of 14 schools to make at least 7 NCAA Tournaments in the last 8 years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.