Men's Basketball Team Looks To Bounce Back Against USC On Saturday At 1 P.M.
Nov. 29, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (5-2) vs.
Television & Radio:
Media Contact: Associate Athletic Director Tom Eiser (email@example.com and @Eiser_XU_Sports on Twitter)
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS:
• Xavier, 5-2, lost 64-49 yesterday to Tennessee, a team XU had already met and beaten earlier this month in Cincinnati.
• Xavier has not played a Pac-12 team since falling to then No. 3 UCLA in the 2008 NCAA Tournament West Regional Final.
• Xavier fifth-year head coach Chris Mack, 95-46, is tied for fifth place on XU’s all-time wins list, just one win shy of a top four spot.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads the team in rebounding at 8.1 rpg. and blocks at 2.1 bpg.
• Xavier sophomore James Farr is second on the team in rebounding at 6.7 rpg., while playing 14.6 mpg.
• Xavier sophomore Semaj Christon leads Xavier in scoring at 14.3 ppg. and is second in assists at 4.0 apg.
• Xavier freshman Brandon Randolph from Inglewood (Calif.) High leads XU in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.33-to-1.00.
• Xavier freshman Myles Davis has averaged 12.0 ppg. over the past three games, including 12 points vs. Iowa.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of only 14 schools to make at least seven NCAA Tournaments in the last eight years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.
• Xavier has graduated the last 91 men’s basketball players that have played as seniors, including Isaiah Philmore and Erik Stenger.