Semaj Christon looks to bounce back after having his double-figure scoring streak snapped on Friday.
Nov. 29, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (5-2) vs.
USC Trojans (4-3)
BATTLE 4 ATLANTIS IN PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS
Sat., Nov. 30, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. ET
Television & Radio:
Media Contact: Associate Athletic Director Tom Eiser (email@example.com and @Eiser_XU_Sports on Twitter)
Television: AXS.TV with Kenny Rice on pbp and Tom Walsh and Seth Davis as analysts. Here is a channel finder for AXS.TV: http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (‘79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (‘88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS:
• Xavier, 5-2, lost 64-49 yesterday to Tennessee, a team XU had already met and beaten earlier this month in Cincinnati.
• Xavier has not played a Pac-12 team since falling to then No. 3 UCLA in the 2008 NCAA Tournament West Regional Final.
• Xavier fifth-year head coach Chris Mack, 95-46, is tied for fifth place on XU’s all-time wins list, just one win shy of a top four spot.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads the team in rebounding at 8.1 rpg. and blocks at 2.1 bpg.
• Xavier sophomore James Farr is second on the team in rebounding at 6.7 rpg., while playing 14.6 mpg.
• Xavier sophomore Semaj Christon leads Xavier in scoring at 14.3 ppg. and is second in assists at 4.0 apg.
• Xavier freshman Brandon Randolph from Inglewood (Calif.) High leads XU in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.33-to-1.00.
• Xavier freshman Myles Davis has averaged 12.0 ppg. over the past three games, including 12 points vs. Iowa.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of only 14 schools to make at least seven NCAA Tournaments in the last eight years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.
• Xavier has graduated the last 91 men’s basketball players that have played as seniors, including Isaiah Philmore and Erik Stenger.