Myles Davis scored 13 in the Nov. 12 meeting with UT.
Nov. 29, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (5-1) vs.
University of Tennessee Volunteers (3-2)
BATTLE 4 ATLANTIS IN PARADISE ISLAND, BAHAMAS
Fri., Nov. 29, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. ET
Television & Radio
Media Contact: Associate Athletic Director Tom Eiser (firstname.lastname@example.org,
513-745-3124 (office), 513-382-5565 (cell) and @Eiser_XU_Sports on Twitter
Television: AXS.TV with Kenny Rice on play-by-play and Tom Walsh and Seth Davis as analysts. Here is a channel finder for AXS.TV: http://www.axs.tv/subscribe/
Radio: 55KRC-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (‘79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (‘88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier, 5-1, dropped a heartbreaker in overtime to No. 23 Iowa last night, 77-74.
• Xavier has won 10 of its last 13 games against the SEC since the 2008 season, including Nov. 12 vs. Tennessee.
• Xavier and Tennessee shared a charter flight to come to the Bahamas and will fly back to the U.S. together on Sunday.
• Xavier fifth-year head coach Chris Mack, 95-45, is tied for fifth place on XU’s all-time wins list, just one win shy of a top four spot.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads the team in rebounding (second in BIG EAST at 8.7 rpg.) and blocks (third in BIG EAST at 2.5 bpg.).
• Xavier sophomore James Farr is second on the team in rebounding (10th in the BIG EAST at 6.8 rpg.), while playing 13.5 mpg.
• Xavier sophomore Semaj Christon leads Xavier in scoring (12th in BIG EAST at 16.0 ppg.) and is second in assists (sixth in BE at 4.5 apg.).
• Xavier freshman Myles Davis, who scored 13 in the first XU-Tennessee game on Nov. 12, had 12 points last night vs. Iowa.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of only 14 schools to make at least seven NCAA Tournaments in the last eight years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.