James Farr posted a double-double vs. Miami (Ohio) this past Wednesday.
Nov. 22, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (4-0) vs.
Abilene Christian University Wildcats (2-5)
Mon., Nov. 25, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. ET
Cintas Center (10,250) on Xavier Campus
Media Contact: Associate Athletic Director Tom Eiser (firstname.lastname@example.org,
513-745-3124 (office), 513-382-5565 (cell) and @Eiser_XU_Sports on Twitter
Television: FOX Sports 1 with play-by-play from Mike Gleason and analysis
from Bob Wenzel.
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier, 4-0, rolled past local rival Miami of Ohio, 77-51, on Nov. 20 behind 15 points from junior Dee Davis.
• Xavier fifth-year head coach Chris Mack, 94-44, is in sixth place on XU's all-time wins list and just one win shy of the top five.
• Xavier's 4-0 start is tied for the second-best under fifth-year head coach Chris Mack behind his 8-0 start in 2011-12.
• Xavier has won its first four games for the third time in the last four seasons.
• Xavier has held its opponents to 22.3 ppg. and 28.7 percent shooting from the field in the first half.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook is third on the team in scoring at 10.5 ppg. and first in rebounding at 9.0 rpg.
• Xavier sophomore James Farr recorded his first career double-double with 11 points and 11 rebounds vs. Miami (Ohio).
• Xavier freshman Jalen Reynolds grabbed a season-high 11 rebounds to go with two blocks vs. Miami (Ohio).
• Xavier sophomore All-America candidate Semaj Christon leads Xavier in scoring (16.3 ppg.) and assists (4.8 apg.).
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of only 14 schools to make at least seven NCAA Tournaments in the last eight years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.