Xavier Men's Basketball Team Hosts Sacred Heart On Saturday
Nov. 19, 2009
Xavier University Musketeers (2-0)
Television: None. Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
Next for X: Xavier plays Marquette in the first round of the Old Spice Classic at
2 p.m. on Thursday, November 26 in Orlando, Fla.
Xavier Media Information: Contact Associate Athletic Director for Media
Relations Tom Eiser -- email: email@example.com, office: 513-745-3124,
cell: 513-382-5565, fax: 513-745-2825.
The X's and O's
• Xavier is playing the final game of a season-opening three-game homestand.
• Xavier blew out visiting Bowling Green, the defending Mid-American Conference Regular Season Champion, 101-57 on Tuesday night at Cintas Center. Sophomore Jordan Crawford, who leads XU in scoring at 19.0 ppg., led Xavier with a collegiate career-high 24 points to go with seven rebounds, five assists and two steals in the BG win. XU shot 64.8 percent from the field against the Falcons, its best shooting night since the 2004 Atlantic 10 Tournament win over then-No. 1 Saint Joe's.
• Xavier's lone senior, Jason Love, recorded a double-double with 12 points and 12 rebounds against Bowling Green. Love leads the team in rebounding at 10.0 rpg. and is second on the team in scoring at 12.0 ppg., while shooting 66.7 percent (6-of-9) from the field.
• Xavier has placed five players in double figures in scoring in each of its first two wins, including a freshman (Mark Lyons), three sophomores (first-year sophomore Jordan Crawford, Terrell Holloway and Brad Redford) and senior Jason Love.
• Xavier first-year head coach Chris Mack, the 17th head coach in program history, has gotten off to a 2-0 start to his XU head coaching career. Mack is hoping to become the first XU head coach to win his first three games since his former mentor, the late Skip Prosser, began the 1994-95 season with a 3-0 mark.
• Xavier, which is playing its 10th season at Cintas Center, now has an 11-game winning streak at its on campus home. XU is 122-17 (.878) in 10 seasons so far at Cintas Center. XU is 60-7 (.896) against non-conference teams since Cintas Center opened for the 2000-01 season. Cintas Center was selected as the third-toughest among the "Toughest Place to Play" in college basketball, according to an EA SPORTS on-line poll.
• Xavier won its third straight Atlantic 10 Conference Regular Season title last season. XU made its fourth straight NCAA Tournament appearance in 2009 and its eighth in the last nine years, including the NCAA Sweet 16 this past season (2009) and the Elite Eight in 2004 and 2008.