Men's Basketball Looks To Extend Its Winning Streak On The Road Monday Night
March 2, 2014
Xavier University Musketeers (20-9, 10-6 BIG EAST)
Television & Radio
Television: FOX Sports 1 with Rich Ackerman (play-by-play) and Vin Parise (analysis).
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (‘79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (‘88).
The X factors...In 140 Characters Or Less
• Xavier is 20-9 overall and third in the BIG EAST at 10-6 after its second straight win, a 75-69 win over No. 9 Creighton on Saturday.
• Xavier has secured its eighth 20-win season in the last nine years and its 16th 20-win season in the last 18 years.
• Xavier jr. Justin Martin has averaged 14.3 ppg. and 6.0 rpg. in BIG EAST play, including 19 pts. and a career-high 16 reb. vs. Creighton.
• Xavier fr. Jalen Reynolds had 17 points and an XU freshman record-tying 16 rebounds at St. John’s, earning ESPN Star of the Night honors.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST in rebound margin at +5.5 rpg. and has outrebounded 21 of its 29 opponents.
• Xavier soph. All-America candidate Semaj Christon has scored in double figures in 17 straight games.
• Xavier’s Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring (7th in BE at 16.6 ppg.), incl. 18.2 ppg. and 53.2% FG in BIG EAST play.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads XU in rebounding (2nd in BIG EAST at 7.9 rpg.) and is third in scoring (10.9 ppg.).
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of only 14 schools to make at least 7 NCAA Tournaments in the last 8 years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.