Tu Holloway earned the Blackburn McCafferty MVP twice last season.
Feb. 16, 2012
Xavier University Musketeers (16-9, 7-4 Atlantic 10)
vs. University of Dayton Flyers (16-9, 6-5 Atlantic 10)
Saturday, February 18, 2012 at 8 p.m. ET
Cintas Center (10,250) at Xavier University
Television: CBS Sports Network national broadcast with play-by-play from James Bates and analysis from former Musketeer captain Steve Wolf (Xavier `84).
Radio: 55KRC, Sirius channel 113 and XM channel 194 with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former XU standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
• Xavier and Dayton have met 156 times, the first time being in the 1919-20 season. The two teams have met 57 times more than any other XU opponent.
• Xavier has won 26 straight games against the Dayton Flyers in Cincinnati. Dayton's last win over XU in Cincinnati came in the 1980-81 season
• Xavier, 16-9 overall and 7-4 in the Atlantic 10 Conference, lost 85-72 at Temple on Saturday. Xavier was led by senior Tu Holloway, who scored 23 points.
• CollegeRPI.com (2-16-12) has Xavier at No. 54. Nine of the 14 Atlantic 10 teams are in the top 100 teams, according to CollegeRPI.com, including Dayton at No. 68.
• Xavier is second in the Atlantic 10 Conference in overall field-goal percentage defense (.394) and 3-point field goal percentage defense (.308).
• Xavier senior All-American Tu Holloway leads the team in scoring at 16.6 ppg. (fourth in the Atlantic 10 Conference) and leads the team in assists at 5.6 apg. (fourth in the A-10). Holloway is the only A-10 player in the top five in both scoring and assists. He also leads the team in steals (eighth in the A-10 at 1.6 spg.) and free throw percentage (fourth in the A-10 at .854).
• Xavier's Tu Holloway is third on XU's all-time assist list with 513 assists and is just the second player among the 49 members of the XU 1,000 Point Club that has at least career 500 assists. Holloway has dished off 100 or more assists in three straight seasons, including 129 this season so far, one of only eight Xavier players that has had at least three 100-assist seasons.
• Xavier's Tu Holloway is 12th on XU's all-time scoring list with 1,620 career points and is 16 points shy of the 11th spot (Bob Quick with 1,636 from 1965-68).
• Xavier junior Mark Lyons is second on the team in scoring and sixth in the A-10 at 15.8 ppg. Lyons, who now has 1,046 career points, is 46th on XU's all-time scoring list.
• Xavier freshman Dezmine Wells, a preseason A-10 All-Rookie selection, is third on the team in scoring at 9.8 ppg. and in rebounding at 5.2 rpg. Wells has grabbed a team-high 5.9 rpg. in Atlantic 10 Conference games. He had a career game at Memphis on Feb. 4 where he hit 8-of-10 from the field en route to a career-high 19 points.
• Xavier senior Kenny Frease is fourth on the team in scoring at 8.6 ppg., second on the team in rebounding at 5.8 rpg. and first in blocks at 1.2 bpg.
• Xavier graduate student Andre Walker leads the team in rebounding at 5.9 rpg., including a career-high tying 14 rebounds at Fordham on Jan. 7.
• Xavier made its sixth straight NCAA Tournament appearance in 2011, one of only 12 schools that can say that. Xavier has made 10 of the last 11 NCAA Tournaments.
• Xavier has graduated each of the last 83 men's basketball players that have played as seniors, a streak which dates back to 1986.