Men's Basketball Is Back Home On Wednesday
Feb. 11, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (13-9, 6-3 A-10)
vs. Fordham University Rams (6-18, 2-7 A-10)
Wed., Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. ET
Cintas Center (10,250) in Cincinnati, Ohio
Television: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (Ch. 311/1311 HD in Ohio; Channel 9 in N. Ky.) with play-by-play from Bob McElligott and analysis from Tony White. The game will be available via free on-line stream to fans outside Ohio on GoXavier.com.
The X’s And O’s
• Xavier, 13-9 overall and 6-3 in the Atlantic 10 Conference, erased a 10-point second-half deficit on the way to a 73-65 win over Duquesne in Pittsburgh on Saturday. Freshman Semaj Christon led Xavier with 16 points to go with a game-high eight assists, a career-high seven rebounds and two steals.
• Xavier is third in the Atlantic 10 Conference in rebounding margin at +4.8 rpg. Xavier, which leads the Atlantic 10 in rebounding margin for A-10 games only at +8.3 rpg., has outrebounded 12 straight opponents, including all nine A-10 opponents.
• Xavier is second in scoring defense (61.5 ppg.) in the A-10, third in field goal percentage defense (.408), and fourth in 3-point field goal percentage defense (.318).
• Xavier is 51-1 (.981) vs. Atlantic 10 Conference teams at Cintas Center since 2007.
• Xavier freshman Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring (10th overall and first among freshmen in the A-10 at 14.9 ppg.), assists (fifth overall and second among freshmen in the A-10 at 4.6 apg.) and steals (10th in the A-10 at 1.5 spg.). Christon, five-time A-10 Rookie of the Week, is sixth in league scoring for A-10 games only at 16.9 ppg.
• Xavier senior Travis Taylor, XU’s rebound leader at 8.3 rpg. (fourth in the A-10) and second-leading scorer at 12.0 ppg., had 13 points and 12 rebounds on Saturday.
• Xavier sophomore Justin Martin, who contributed 15 points and eight rebounds to the Duquesne win, is fourth on the team in scoring and tied for second in rebounding.
• Xavier junior Isaiah Philmore is averaging 11.3 ppg. over the last three games, while shooting 80 percent (12-of-15) from the field. Philmore had a Xavier career-high 16 points to go with six rebounds at Duquesne.
• Xavier sophomore Dee Davis, who led XU with 14 points in the Dayton win, is third on the team in scoring (8.9 ppg.) and second in assists (11th in A-10 at 3.6 apg.).
• Xavier fourth-year head coach Chris Mack is 86-39 (.688) overall and 45-12 (.789) in A-10 regular season play as Xavier’s head coach. Mack led Xavier to the NCAA Tournament in each of his first three seasons, including the NCAA Sweet 16 in 2010 and 2012.
• Xavier is one of only four teams that have made the NCAA Sweet 16 four times in the last five years (2008-12): Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina and Xavier. No team has made all of the last five Sweet 16s. Xavier is one of only eight schools that have made at least the last seven straight NCAA Tournaments.
• Xavier is ranked 11th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent. Xavier men’s basketball was among 14 XU programs at 100 percent.
• Xavier has graduated each of the last 88 men’s basketball players that have played as seniors, a streak which dates back to 1986.