Xavier Heads To Florida For Matchup With The Gators
Feb. 11, 2010
Xavier Univ. Musketeers (16-7, 8-2 A-10) at Univ. of Florida Gators (17-7, 6-4 SEC) Saturday, Feb. 13, 2010 at 6 p.m. ET Stephen C. O’Connell Center (12,000) in Gainesville, Florida
Television: ESPN with play-by-play from Brad Nessler and analysis from
Radio: 700 WLW-AM with play-by-play from XU Hall of Famer and former Musketeer
The X’s and O’s
• Xavier is playing its third straight road game and is in the midst of a stretch of five out of six games on the road.
• Xavier is playing its final non-conference game of the regular season. XU is 8-5 against non-conference foes so far this season.
• Xavier is playing its second game of the season against SEC competition. XU defeated LSU 89-65 on Dec. 29 at Cintas Center.
• Xavier, 16-7 overall and 8-2 in the Atlantic 10 Conference, had its four-game winning streak snapped at Dayton on Saturday, February 6, 90-65.
• Xavier is ranked number 25 in the latest RPI rankings for collegerpi.com
(2-11-10) with a schedule strength that is ranked 16th.
• Xavier leads the Atlantic 10 and is 21st in the nation in scoring offense at 79.4 ppg. XU also leads the A-10 in scoring margin at +10.3 ppg.
• Xavier leads the A-10 and is 20th in the nation in three-point shooting percentage (.394). XU has three of the A-10’s top shooters: sophomore Brad Redford (first), junior Danté Jackson (third) and sophomore Jordan Crawford (fourth).
• Xavier is holding opponents to 28.6 percent from three-point territory (11th in the nation), including 22.6 percent in Atlantic 10 Conference action.
• Xavier sophomore Jordan Crawford leads the Atlantic 10 in scoring at 19.7 ppg.
• Xavier’s lone senior, Jason Love, leads the team in rebounding at 8.4 rpg. (fifth in the A-10) and blocked shots at 1.8 bpg. (seventh in the A-10).
• Xavier sophomore Terrell Holloway is third in the Atlantic 10 in assist-to-turnover ratio at 2.19-to-1.00. He leads the A-10 in free-throw percentage (.862).
• Xavier’s 14-year Atlantic 10 history, which began in the 1995-96 season, includes seven regular season and four tournament titles. Xavier won the last three A-10 Regular Season Championships (2009, 2008 and Co-Champs in 2007).
• Xavier made its fourth straight NCAA Tournament appearance in 2009 and its eighth in the last nine years, including the NCAA Sweet 16 this past season (2009) and the Elite Eight in 2004 and 2008.