Men's Basketball Heads Back On The Road
Feb. 7, 2013
Xavier University Musketeers (12-9, 5-3 A-10)
at Duquesne University Dukes (7-15, 0-8 A-10)
Sat., Feb. 9, 2013 at 7:00 p.m. ET
CONSOL Energy Center (19,000) in Pittsburgh, Pa.
Television: Time Warner Cable SportsChannel (Ch. 311/1311 HD in Ohio; Channel 9 in Northern Kentucky) with play-by-play from Bob McElligott and analysis from Tony White. The TWC SC feed will also be broadcast on ROOT Sports Pittsburgh, which is available on a variety of sports tier satellite and cable packages. The game will also be on a pay-per-view live stream via the home team's web site (GoDuquesne.com).
The X's And O's
• Xavier, 12-9 overall and 5-3 in the Atlantic 10 Conference, lost a 73-71 heartbreaker at Richmond on Feb. 2. Xavier lost despite shooting 60 percent from the field and getting a career-high 24 points on 9-of-11 shooting from the field from Travis Taylor.
• Xavier's game at Duquesne is the second of a two-game road swing. XU hosts Fordham next Wednesday, Feb. 13, before hitting the road again for two straight games.
• Xavier is third in the Atlantic 10 Conference in rebounding margin at +4.9 rpg. Xavier, which leads the Atlantic 10 in rebounding margin for A-10 games only at +9.0 rpg., has outrebounded 11 straight opponents, including all eight A-10 opponents.
• Xavier is second in scoring defense (61.3 ppg.) in the A-10, fourth in field goal percentage defense (.412), and fifth in 3-point field goal percentage defense (.321).
• Xavier freshman Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring (10th overall and first among freshmen in the A-10 at 14.9 ppg.), assists (sixth overall and second among freshmen in the A-10 at 4.5 apg.) and steals (12th in the A-10 at 1.5 spg.). Christon is third in the Atlantic 10 Conference in scoring for A-10 games only at 17.0 ppg.
• Xavier senior Brad Redford is sixth in the Atlantic 10 in 3-point percentage (.436).
• Xavier senior Travis Taylor is XU's rebound leader at 8.1 rpg. (fifth in the Atlantic 10), while standing second in scoring at 11.9 ppg.
• Xavier sophomore Dee Davis, who led XU with 14 points in the Dayton win, is third on the team in scoring (8.9 ppg.) and second in assists (11th in A-10 at 3.6 apg.).
• Xavier fourth-year head coach Chris Mack is 85-39 (.685) overall and 44-12 (.786) in A-10 regular season play as Xavier's head coach. Mack led Xavier to the NCAA Tournament in each of his first three seasons, including the NCAA Sweet 16 in 2010 and 2012.
• Xavier is one of only four teams that have made the NCAA Sweet 16 four times in the last five years (2008-12): Kansas, Michigan State, North Carolina and Xavier. No team has made all of the last five Sweet 16s. Xavier is one of only eight schools that have made at least the last seven straight NCAA Tournaments.
• Xavier is ranked 11th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent. Xavier men's basketball was among 14 XU programs at 100 percent.
• Xavier has graduated each of the last 88 men's basketball players that have played as seniors, a streak which dates back to 1986.