Men's Basketball Hits The Road For Monday Night Game At No. 9 Villanova
Feb. 2, 2014
Xavier University Musketeers (15-6, 5-3 BIG EAST)
Television & Radio
Television: FOX Sports 1 with Justin Kutcher (play-by-play) and Tarik Turner (analysis).
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (‘79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (‘88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier, 15-6 overall and 5-3 in the BIG EAST, lost its second straight game with a 68-60 setback to Seton Hall on Saturday.
• Xavier played St. Joseph’s, La Salle and Temple many times in Philly recently but it’s XU’s first trip to Villanova since the 1994 NIT.
• Xavier is 25th in the latest Official NCAA RPI Rankings (1-27-14). The BIG EAST has 4th-best league RPI (CBSSports.com).
• Xavier is scoring 77.5 ppg. in BIG EAST play, shooting 48.4% FG and 74.5% FT.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST in rebound margin at +6.7 rpg. and has outrebounded 16 opponents, including the last 11.
• Xavier soph. All-America candidate Semaj Christon led Xavier with 21 points vs. Seton Hall, his 9th straight double-figure game.
• Xavier’s Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring (5th in BE at 17.1 ppg.), incl. 21.1 ppg. and 58.8% FG in BIG EAST play.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads XU in rebounding (2nd in BIG EAST at 8.8 rpg.) and is second in scoring (11.1 ppg.).
• Xavier’s Matt Stainbrook recorded his fifth double-double of the season with 16 points and 14 rebounds vs. Seton Hall.
• Xavier senior Isaiah Philmore has passed the 1,000 career point mark.
• Xavier junior Justin Martin has averaged 14.5 ppg. and 6.5 rpg. in BIG EAST play, scoring in double figures in 7 of 8 league games.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of 14 schools to make at least 7 NCAA Tournaments in the last 8 years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.