James Farr returns home to the Chicago area to face DePaul.
Jan. 18, 2014
Xavier University Musketeers (14-4, 4-1 BIG EAST)
vs. Depaul Univ. Blue Demons (10-9, 2-4 BIG EAST)
Mon., Jan. 20, 2014 at 4 p.m. ET (3 p.m. CT)
Allstate Arena (18,500) in Chicago
Television & Radio
Television: FOX Sports Net (including FOX Sports Ohio) with Eric Collins (play-by-play) and Kevin O'Neill (analysis).
Radio: 700 WLW-AM and nationally via iHeartRadio with play-by-play from Xavier Hall of Famer and former Musketeer standout Joe Sunderman (`79). Analysis will be provided by Xavier Hall of Famer and XU all-time leading scorer Byron Larkin (`88).
The X factors...IN 140 CHARACTERS OR LESS
• Xavier, 14-4 overall and 4-1 in the BIG EAST, has won nine of its last 10 games, including an 80-67 win over Georgetown on Wednesday.
• Xavier is 28th in the latest Official NCAA RPI Rankings (1-13-14) and DePaul is ranked 103.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST in rebound margin at +6.9 rpg. and has outrebounded 13 opponents, including the last 8.
• Xavier sophomore All-America candidate Semaj Christon leads XU in scoring (7th in BE at 16.3 ppg.), incl. 23.3 ppg. over the last 4 games.
• Xavier's Semaj Christon has averaged 20.6 points, 4.8 assists and 2.0 steals in BIG EAST play, while shooting 61.3% FG.
• Xavier junior Dee Davis has averaged 13.0 ppg. and 5.2 apg. in BIG EAST play, including 17 points and 7 assists vs. Georgetown.
• Xavier junior Matt Stainbrook leads XU in rebounding (3rd in BIG EAST at 8.6 rpg.) and is second in scoring (11.1 ppg.).
• Xavier senior Isaiah Philmore has passed the 1,000 career point mark.
• Xavier soph. James Farr is 3rd in the BIG EAST in field goal pct. (.596) and 14th in rebounding (5.5 rpg.).
• Xavier junior Justin Martin has averaged 14.8 ppg. and 7.2 rpg. in BIG EAST play, ranking t-11th and 3rd in the league.
• Xavier has nine players averaging over 10 minutes per game.
• Xavier has made two NCAA Tournament Elite Eight appearances in addition to three NCAA Sweet 16 appearances in the last 10 years.
• Xavier is one of 14 schools to make at least 7 NCAA Tournaments in the last 8 years.
• Xavier is first in the BIG EAST and ranked tied for 12th in the nation in the latest NCAA Graduation Success Rate at 97 percent.