Dec. 28, 2013
Xavier Postgame Notes
Xavier 68 (10-3), Wake Forest 53 (10-3)
Skip Prosser Classic Presented by PNC
December 28, 2013
Cintas Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- The win is Chris Mack's 100th as the Musketeers' head coach and gives him a 100-47 record (.680).
- Xavier's rebounding margin of 50-34 over the Demon Deacons was the biggest rebounding margin by any Wake Forest opponent this season. The previous high by a Wake Forest opponent was six by Tennessee on November 30 in the Battle 4 Atlantis.
- The Demon Deacons came into the game ranked eighth nationally with 43.6 rebounds per game.
Career and Season Highs and Game Leaders
- Matt Stainbrook recorded his third double-double in a Xavier uniform, with 21 points and 10 rebounds.
- Stainbrook's 21 points are a career high at Xavier. He scored 17 at Alabama on December 21. Stainbrook also scored 32 for Western Michigan against South Dakota State on November 12, 2011.
- Stainbrook's nine field goals are also a Xavier-career high.
- James Farr's 13 points were two short of his career high of 15 which came against Bowling Green this season on December 7.
- Justin Martin's eight rebounds are a season high. He pulled down six in the Bowling Green game on December 7.
- The Musketeers' 42 first-half points were the most they have scored in any first half this season. They scored 41 against Gardner-Webb in the season opener on November 8 and again on December 14 in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Classic at U.S. Bank Arena against Cincinnati.
- Xavier held the Demon Deacons to their lowest scoring total of the season. Wake Forest's previous low was 59, in its last game, a December 21 victory at home over the University of North Carolina at Greensboro.
- Xavier's 50 rebounds are the most any Wake Forest opponent has pulled down this season.
- Xavier remains undefeated this season in the United States. Its three losses came in the Bahamas, in the Battle 4 Atlantis November 28, 29 and 30.
- The Musketeers have won nine in a row at Cintas Center, dating back to a 77-72 loss to Massachusetts last season on March 2, 2013.
Xavier now leads the all-time series with Wake Forest, 3-2. The home team has prevailed in each game. The schools have split the four Skip Prosser Classic games, 2-2. The Musketeers also defeated Wake Forest 87-76 in an NIT game at Cincinnati Gardens on March 15, 1999. Skip Prosser coached the Musketeers that game.