Ball kids are an integral part of each and every Xavier Athletics home event. Responsibilities as a ball kid include shagging loose balls before, during and after games, putting away equipment, and keeping the game or match flowing. Ball kids are needed for men's and women's basketball, volleyball, and men's and women's soccer. For their participation, every kid will receive a Xavier t-shirt and the ability to get close to the action. In addition to fulfilling the responsibilities as laid out above, all ball kids should meet the following general job requirements:
- 1. You must between the ages of 10-13 (grades 5-8) at the start of the season.
- 2. You must be able to carry out verbal instructions given by supervisors.
- 3. You must pay attention to all on-court/field action throughout the duration of the event.
- 4. You must arrive on time. If you will be late or can no longer fulfill the date assigned, please notify the Xavier contact promptly.
- 5. You must come neatly dressed and well groomed. Please have your shirt tucked into your pants and long hair neatly pulled back.
- 6. You must be able to effectively work with others.
If you would like to participate in the Xavier Musketeers Ball Kids program, please mail or email your name, parents' name, mailing address (street, city and zip), email address, telephone number with area code, t-shirt size (adult/youth: sm, med, etc.), age, grade and sports you would like to be a ball kid for to:
Xavier Univesity Athletics
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-7530
If you have any questions about the Xavier Musketeers Ball Kids program, please call 513-745-3378 or email email@example.com.