Xavier Athletic Department Summer Events Schedule
June 4, 2010
CINCINNATI -The Xavier University 2009-2010 seasons are in the book, which means it is time for the Athletic Department to release its summer events schedule. Throughout the summer, there will be plenty of opportunities for Xavier fans to come out and show support for their Musketeers. Over the course of the summer, the Xavier University Athletic Department will be visiting area parish festivals and steak frys as well as hosting an event on Fountain Square to visit with fans and pass along information about the upcoming 2010-2011 seasons. Listed below are descriptions of these events. Be sure to check back at GoXavier.com for updated details.
· The Xavier Athletic Department will be visiting: the St. Michael Parish Festival on Sunday, June 13th in Sharonville, the St. Veronica Summer Festival in Mount Carmel on Sunday, June 27th and the St. Pius X Festival in Edgewood, Ky., on Sunday, July 11th.
· The Xavier Athletic Department will also take part in two steak frys this summer. These are great events where you can join alumni, parents, and friends to meet and hear special guests coach Chris Mack and coach Kevin McGuff, as they both preview their upcoming seasons. The first event will be held on June 16th for the Butler County Steak Fry at Badin High School in Hamilton, Ohio, at 5:30 p.m. On Wednesday, July 21st, the Cincinnati Alumni Chapter Steak Fry will take place at 5:00 p.m. at the Cohen Center parking lot here at Xavier University. Wednesday, June 16 Wednesday, July 21
Wednesday, June 16
Wednesday, July 21
XAVIER INVADES FOUNTAIN SQUARE
· The Xavier Athletic Department will be hosting "Xavier Athletics Summer Madness" on Sunday, July 18th from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Fountain Square in downtown Cincinnati. Fans will have the opportunity meet and greet some of Xavier's student-athletes, including members from the men's and women's basketball teams. Fans will also have the opportunity to enter a raffle for a chance to win some great prizes. This event is free to the public, so come out and show support for your teams!
GIRL'S NIGHT OUT
· Xavier's Women basketball team is hosting "Girls Night Out" August 5th from 6:00 - 8:00 p.m. at Cintas Center. Enjoy a night of basketball drills, question-and-answer sessions with the team, food and drinks, and much more. There is no cost, so be sure to take advantage of this great event. If you are interested in attending this event, please keep an eye out for the registration form to be posted soon to goxavier.com in the coming months.
SEVENTH ANNUAL HORAN ALL FOR ONE GOLF OUTING
· The AFO Golf Classic on August 23, 2010 offers participants the opportunity to play on one of Cincinnati's premier private golf courses, meet Xavier's men's basketball coach Chris Mack, as well as enjoy great food and drinks and receive a special golf gift package. For more information or to register visit http://www.xavier.edu/afo/golfclassic.
For more information about these events, please call 513-745-3378 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to check back at goxavier.com for updated details.