Hayden Field Photo Gallery | Hayden Field Video Renovation | Hayden Field Renovation Photo Gallery
Hayden Field, named after J. Page Hayden (1898-1979), is the home of the Xavier University baseball team. The Musketeers have played at the same on-campus site since the 1920's, when then St. Xavier University purchased the Avondale Athletic Club in Evanston. Present day Hayden Field was dedicated in 1982 when money donated in Hayden's name was used to fund the renovation of XU's baseball field.
The field has remained nearly the same size before the addition of O'Connor Sports Center in 1935 to modern day. Following the 2010 season Hayden Field was upgraded with the installation of new dugouts, a brick backstop, and a new a natural grass surface. Its current dimensions are 310' to left, 380' to center and 310' to right.
Xavier has a 423-294-3 (.596) record overall at Hayden Field from 1980-2011.